DIGNITY, UNODC, APCOF and PRI have organised a hybrid side event on Friday 26 May at 08h00-08h50 (CEST) during the 32nd session of the CCPCJ. The session will focus on the use of non-custodial measures as pathways to reduce overcrowding in prisons. Louise Edwards will be presenting the work of the Campaign, particularly as it relates to the criminalisation of women, and addressing their pathways to prison.
- Manfred Nowak, Former Special Rapporteur on Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment
- The Honorable Maria Teresa Manuela, Special Rapporteur on Prisons, Conditions of detention and Policing in Africa, African Commission on Human and Peoples Rights
- Louise Edwards, Program and Research Director, African Policing Civilian Oversight Forum (APCOF)
- Triona Lenihan, Policy and International Advocacy Manager, Penal Reform International (PRI)
- Maha Aon, Senior Public Health Advisor, DIGNITY – Danish Institute Against Torture
MODERATOR: Eva Nudd, Legal Advisor, DIGNITY- Danish Institute Against Torture